Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ryan's FIRST Tennis Tournament


His Serve




Ryan entered his first tennis tournament in June. It was at the Home Depot Center. It was for Freshmen, Sophmores, and JRs. He had his first round and I (his mom) was a nervous wreck!! Everytime he made his serve or hit the ball over the net it was a sigh of relief, and everytime he didn't make his serve of hit it over the net it was cringing and nervousness. Now I have a little idea of what my parents went though especially my mom when I was in baton contest and parades. We were very proud, and we received so many complainments about how he played, one coach said it takes years to teach someone how to do a top spin like Ryan does. And when he sees someone who can do it he puts him on his team immediatly (this came from the coach of the boy he was playing againest). The other coach said Ryan has great potiental. It was a nail biting game (and I don't usually ever bite my nails) They went into overtime. They had to win by 2 points. So the score was 9-11 with Ryan winning. He lost his second round that was okay because I wasn't there to have to see him lose. I was glad he at least one his first round.

No comments: