Monday, August 4, 2008

Brother and Sister Togather

I was in Arz. at thanksgiving visiting Nikki and her family. I wanted to see my brother because the last time I saw him it was in June 2007 and he had tubes everywhere and couldn't talk. We didn't think he would make it but my brother proved us wrong. So Nikki and I went to Tucson together to visit Ray. I had bought him a singing frog, he loved it. I was really expecting the worst and to my surprise he was up and looking great and talking pretty good. We had a great visit. Billy took me out on the Quad, I had a blast. I drove part way. He drove and did some narly bumps I hadn't laughed like that in a long time. As I get older I am realizing that time is precious, and that you don't always have the luxury of time. Losing my dad in May of 2005 and then almost losing Ray was quite a wake up call. Ray and I weren't really close like him and Jeanette but I still love him and "he ain't heavy he's my brother" It was a visit that I won't ever forget. I hope to see him again .

No comments: